How many Americans would have to die or be virtually enslaved in jobs with less than living wages for this “platform” to work? Why do you people who support today’s GOP, Trump, and Trump wannabes think that you will come out winners under this regime?
Please excuse the repost: Here’s the Republican “platform.” They won’t write it down because too many voters might read it, so I did it for them.
Despite being in the minority, members of the SCOTUS, “Conservatives,” RWNJs, and white supremacists are attempting to drag this country back to their imaginary Jeffersonian agrarian idyl. The 1790 census (when Jefferson was Secretary of State), counted 5.3M Americans. Only white males owning 50 acres or more of land were permitted to vote, approximately 6% of the population. Free white men who did not own land, free white females, and slaves could not vote.
In 1790 the American population was largely rural, making a living by farming. Our most recent census counted 332,403,650 Americans. Current estimates are that 83% of Americans live in urban areas. They do not work at farming.
In pursuit of “small government,” the following are conservatives’ goals for their Jeffersonian America: 1. No women’s rights.
2. No civil rights for people of color, or for any other minority groups.
3. No immigration, other than Caucasians.
4. No labor unions.
5. No health insurance.
6. No legal recourse due to Republican-packed courts.
7. No social security.
8. No disability insurance.
9. No minimum wage.
10. No free and fair elections (ultimately, no elections).
11. Imposed state religion; government funding of religious schools.
12. Unregulated militias unchecked by Republican-packed courts.
13. No work on mitigating climate change; no environmental protections.
14. No free press. GOP politicians don’t care about the environment or mitigating climate change because they intend to stay permanently in office and use their money and power to take over remaining livable locations as environmental conditions worsen. Republican leaders don’t care if America dies as long as they can feed off the carcass for their lifetimes.
I have to agree. Not only has ginning up a tempest about wearing masks jumped the shark, the saying “jumped the shark” has jumped the shark.
Just Payne stupid.
Note that the donkey is coming with a rescue boat.
Actually, they do.
If he’d shut up and go away, we’d be cnly too happy to forget about him. X-45, that is.
Lotsof reasons for CA homelessness, including that the climate is generally mild, especially in SoCal, so if people are homeless they get themselves to CA if at all possible. I haven’t checked it recently, but it used to be that the residency requirements were relatively short for collecting unemployment, and the payments were higher than the national average. Finally, many previously housed people lost their jobs during COVID and when the eviction restrictions ended, these folks were turned out of their homes. Unclear how this situation could be blamed exclusively on Democrats, unless of course you’re using MAGAat logic.
Republican Platform continued:
How many Americans would have to die or be virtually enslaved in jobs with less than living wages for this “platform” to work? Why do you people who support today’s GOP, Trump, and Trump wannabes think that you will come out winners under this regime? VOTE, AND VOTE BLUE!
Nice one, Mr. Wuerker.