Ah HA! Got it in one! They have the advantage of sitting in front of their computer where they type in your problem and it tells them step by step what to do to fix your problem. If they can’t fix it in a certain amount of time they have to give your call to someone else, Supposedly a “supervisor” but really just another tech who continues with more steps until the problem is fixed or it is determined to be a send in for repair issue.BTW nearly 95 % of all computer problems are software related. The other 5% require parts to be replaced which depending on your warranty would either require you to send you computer to the company to be repaired or have a tech come to you and fix it on site. Third option is to have part sent to you and you replace part your self. If you d send in your computer and you have anything you value on the hard drive you’d better copy it because there is a good chance it will come back with a hard drive that has had everything erased and the OS reinstalled. That’s the IT guys first step in a repair reformat and reinstall the OS because that works 90% of the time. But you’d lose all you files if you don’t copy ALL of them.